top of page

How to pay your income tax balance owing?

If you have a balance owing you know that our team has done everything to minimize your tax debt, We have also shown you ways to save and decrease your future debt with the governments. However, you need to pay your balance owing by April 30, to avoid interest and penalties with the government:

There are several ways to make a payment to the Canada Revenue & Revenue Quebec, here's how.

Online banking

Use your financial institution’s online banking service and select The Canada Revenue Agency in the list of payees. They may also be as:

  • Revenue Canada;

  • CRA Payment on Filing; or

  • Receiver General


Revenue Quebec: 

  • Rev QC Tax

  • Minister of Revenue

  • Revenue  Quebec


Make sure you correctly identify the type of account, your social insurance number or business number, and the reporting period or tax year of your payment.

2. Debit card: Use My Payment, CRA’s online payment service. It allows individuals and businesses to make payments using Interac ® Online. You may qualify to use this method if you have an online banking account with one of the following institutions:

  • BMO Bank of Montreal (personal accounts only)

  • TD Canada Trust;

  • Scotiabank; or

  • RBC Royal Bank


3. In person: You can make your payment in person at your financial institution in Canada. To do this, you will need a personalized remittance voucher, which we have provided you with.

4. By mail: You can also mail your payment to the CRA. Send your cheque or money order (payable to the Receiver General), along with your remittance voucher, to:


Canada Revenue Agency
875 Heron Road
Ottawa ON K1A 1B1

Revenue Quebec

Revenue Quebec: 

To pay your income tax balance due by cheque or money order, follow these instructions:
Make your cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Revenue of Québec for that taxation year.

  • If you pay by cheque, be sure to sign it and date it

  • Do not write "final payment" on the cheque or money order.

  • Please attached the remittance slip we gave you along with writing in the memo line of your cheque, your social insurance number.


Revenu Québec 
C. P. 3000, succursale Place-Desjardins 
Montréal (Québec)  H5B 1A4

5. Non-resident payments: You can pay by wire transfer if you are a non-resident who does not have a Canadian bank account.For more information, go to

bottom of page